Forth Valley Veterinary Clinic Blog
Our top tips and useful information regarding pet and animal health…
As we move into the cooler weather, we will do anything to escape the cold….. so do those pesky rodents! We all know how frustrating mice and rats can be, causing absolute chaos to our homes and property.
Unfortunately it can also be the case for our furry friends. They will eat it, despite what the packaging states. It is a condition to be taken seriously and early diagnosis and treatment may prove life-saving.
You may have heard that Parvovirus has reared its ugly head (more!) along the coast recently. This virus is exactly that - UGLY and heartbreaking to see.
Parvovirus is a viral illness that causes vomiting, bloody diarrhoea and weight loss in dogs. In puppies aged between six weeks and six months, it can be fatal. Early vaccination has been effective at reducing death rates and providing protection.
Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs and symptoms usually develop rapidly. It is quickly absorbed into the dog’s bloodstream, resulting in a potent release of insulin from the pancreas. This rapid release of insulin causes a rapid and profound decrease in the level of blood sugar (hypoglycaemia) which left untreated, can be life threatening.
Our staff are wildly passionate about animals and making sure your pet is living its healthiest and happiest life
Back that passion with expert qualifications and a love of learning, and it’s safe to say your fur family is in very safe hands.